This is a perfect breakfast or an even better post workout meal. Lots of protein, and who doesn’t love pancakes? I found some left over protein powder in my cabinet and to be honest I have to continue making some pancakes the next couple of days because my powder has almost gone out of date. These turned out so good so I don’t mind eating pancakes the next couple of days.
♥ 1 dl flour ♥ 2-3 dl milk ♥ 1 egg ♥ 1-3 scoops of protein powder (depending on how strong you want the tast to be) ♥ Vanilla powder ♥ Margarine for frying
1. Mix all the dry ingredients inna bowl.
2. Add 1 egg to the mix and a little bit of the milk and start stirring with a whisk.
3. Continue on adding the rest of the milk to a fine batter.
4. Heat up a pan and add a generous amount of margarine before you fry out your pancakes.
Add any topping you’d like & enjoy!
I haven’t had that many cravings during my pregnancy other then the occasional chocolate, ice cream and carrot.. yes, lots of carrots lately. But thats not what I wanted to share. My new favorite food is actually banana pancakes.
I don’t know who came up with this cleaver and easy meal but I first tasted it after Blogilates shared the recipe. I did struggle with flipping the pancake and getting it done on both side but after some tries and fails I finally found out what works the best. The best part is that you only need two ingredients, amazing right! It’s super healthy and they’re already sweet so you don’t necessarily need any toppings. So here’s how you do it.
♥ 2 eggs ♥ 1 banana ♥ Olive oil
1. Mix two eggs and the banana with a fork or in a mixer.
2. Use a frying pan on low heat, add your cooking oil and pour the batter with a spoon to make small pancakes.
3. Wait a couple of minutes, the first side usually needs long then the second one. And once it’s easy to remove you flip the pancake over.
Perfect for a mid-day snack or maybe even breakfast with your favorite smoothie.
♥ 4-5 apples ♥ Half a lemon
♥ 3dl flour ♥ 125gr room temperatur margarine ♥ 3 tpsp water
♥ 1/2dl icing
sugar ♥ 3-4 tbsp sugar ♥ 2-3 tsp cinnamon ♥ Grated lemon peel ♥ 1 egg
1. Start by mixing flour, margarine and water together in a bowl. You can either use your hands or a food processor to mix the gather together into a firm dough. Set aside for a minimum of 30 minutes in your fridge.
2. Peel and chop your apples into thin slices, squeeze a little lemon juice over and set them aside.
3. Blend the rest of the dry ingredients together and grate some lemon zest over in the end.
4. Divide the dough in two and roll out a crust and a lid to fit a 25cm (9 inch) pie plate. Fill your pie form with the sliced up apples and the dry ingredients.
5. Place the lid crust over the plate and press gently together on the sides. Make some slices so that the air will come out. Lastly brush the lid with one whisked egg.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees (392 fahrenheit) on the lowest shelf in the oven.
I made this recipe two days ago and it was surprisingly good and so easy to make that I have to share it with you.
♥ 1 onion, chopped ♥ 2 garlic cloves ♥ 2 squash
♥ 6,5 dl water ♥ 1 vegetable stock ♥ 1 dl single cream ♥ Oil for cooking
- Fry onion and the garlic with a little bit of oil in a soup pot.
- Chop the squash in tiny pieces and add it in the pot.
3. Add water and stock and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Mash the soup with a puree mixer, and add single cream and a little bit of pepper at the end.
5. Garnish the soup with dill or chive and serve with bread.
I hope you like this as much as I did. Happy cooking!
I have noticed that a lot of you like my recipes. That’s why I have a new simple one for you right now. Just don’t make the same mistake I did and burn your garlic.
What you will need:
♥ 3 feeds of garlic
♥ 2 eggs + 1 dl milk
♥ 1 tomato
♥ Hand full of spinach
♥ 2 pieces of bread w/cream cheese
♥ Salt & pepper
1. Heat up your frying pan and add olive oil. Let it get warm and then add your sliced up garlic.
2. Mix the eggs with milk, add spices and the fried garlic.
3. Slice the tomato into rings and fry for a couple of minutes, on low heat. Add half the spinach and continue having it on a low heat for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the egg mixture into the pan and let everything fry on a low heat till the omelet is done.
5. Eat with a side of spinach and bread.
This is a great meal after a work out. You get your proteins and veggies all in one. Enjoy!
I want to share another recipe with you, a super simple and quick smoothie. There is no excuse now for not eating fruit and greens.
You will need:
♥ 1 handfull of spinach
♥ 1 banana
♥ 1 handfull of green grapes
♥ 300 ml Kefir / Natural yogurt
♥ 1 tbls lemon juice
♥ Ice cubs
1. Mix the ice cubs first so that they get crushed.
2. Part the banana and slice the grapes into two
3. Mix everything together including the spinach and lemon juice with kefir or yogurt
This smoothie turned out creamy and tasted beyond my expectations. Absolutely worth trying, and you won’t even taste the spinach.
I made this dish yesterday and still have some leftovers which will be my lunch today. Even though the title does say salad, I believe this is more of a wok kind of meal, but either way it is delicious. Let’s just get to it!
25 – 30 min | 2 portions
♥ 150 g pasta, penne
♥ 2 tpls olive oil
♥ 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
♥ 1 boat garlic, chopped
♥ 1/2 squash, sliced divided into two
♥ 1/2 pepper, sliced strips
♥ 2-3 spring onions or 1/4 leeks, sliced
♥ 75 g mushrooms, in boats
♥ 5 tables sweet chili sauce
♥ 150 g cleaned shrimps
1. Cook the pasta as shown on the package, star away the water and keep the pasta warm.
2. Rinse, clean and cut up the vegetables.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or a high frying pan. Add onion and garlic and fry for about 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced up squash, pepper, spring onions/leeks and mushrooms and let it simmer with the onion for about 1 minute. Gently stir.
5. Add the finished bowled pasta and chili sauce and let it warm on low heat. At last add the shrimps and stir one last time.
This is one of my favorite recipes I’ve stumbled across the last days. We had this on Saturday and I thought it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t share it.
25 minutes | 4 portions
♥ 2 x 125 g smoked salmon
♥ 225 g cauliflower
♥ 1 boat garlic
♥ 1 dl milk
♥ 1 dl cream
♥ 2 dl dried tomatoes
♥ fresh basil and dill
♥ 2-3 ts olive oil
♥ salt, black pepper
♥ 350 g tagliatelle or spaghetti
♥ parmesan or cheese for serving
Boil cauliflower with a crushed garlic clove in milk and cream.
Mix it in a food processor and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Break the salmon fillets into large chunks, mix with sun-dried tomatoes and chopped herbs in a bowl.
Mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package and strain the water.
Mix the cauliflower sauce in the pasta, heat gently until it boils, add the fish and tomato mixture to finish.
Let it boil slowly for about 2-3 minutes until the fish is hot.
Serve the pasta with parmesan or grated cheese.
I hope it tastes as good as it did for me. I still have som left overs which will be brought with me to work tomorrow.
While I’m spending my days sleeping, working out and eating I’ve had enough time to try out new recipes and also eating three day leftovers. Anyway, what I wanted was to share this easy but so delicious lunch recipe.
What you will need:
♥ 2 eggs ♥ Salt, pepper and chicken seasoning ♥ 1 tomato ♥ 1 onion ♥ 1 feed garlic ♥ Grated cheese
1. Whip the eggs together & add a bit of water or milk 2. Spice with salt, pepper and chicken seasoning 3. Warm a pan and add the cut onion and garlic 4. After a few minutes add the eggs and tomato at once 5. Finish with some grated cheese on top and let the omelet roast on a low heat.
You can eat the omelet alone or with some bread which I have done with heated mini baguettes with garlic butter.
Shhh.. the secret is
♥ Enjoy ♥
Oh, sweet Sunday. How much I love you but when evening comes we have to part and wait a whole 7 days to see each other again.. Soon work is calling again but before that I wanted to share a easy and so so good snack with you.
All you need is:
♥ 1-2 Apples ♥ Cinnamon ♥ Brown sugar
1. Warm a pan and slice the apples into boats. 2. Warm till they are golden brown and add as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you’d like. 3. Eat them alone or with yogurt – Enjoy!
Now I’m off for the evening, good night beautiful people ♥