Last year on the 1/1/2020 I wrote a blog post about what my 2020 goals were. This was 3 month before the pandemic, before the world shut down. Non of us could predict what year this would become but I’m sure everyone is happy that we’re saying goodbye tonight.
Last year I had this on my new year’s resolution list:
- WRITE IN MY GRATEFUL JOURNAL EACH DAY
- FAST IN RAMADAN
- WORKOUT & FINISH 5K RUN
- FOLLOW THE 12 HOUR FAST
- TRAVEL – AMSTERDAM, ISLAND…?
- KØBENHAVN BOAT TRIP
- MAJOR 25TH BIRTHDAY PRESENT
- CONTINUE MAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- POST ON IG AGAIN…? (BIG QUESTIONMARK)
- BUY LESS IN 2020
- SEW A DOLL FOR MY DAUGHTER
- SEARCH FOR A FULL TIME JOB
- GET MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE IN 2020
I can honestly say that I did not accomplish all of these goals. Some I were unable to do because of the strict travel ban & I didn’t feel safe travelling otherwise. Others I was too hesitant to try and scared of the criticism I would receive. My list for 2021 is not long, in fact – I didn’t write one for this year. I always seem to fall short of them anyway and I don’t want to disappoint myself. I do believe I would benefit from more routines and structure in my life next year. Like having specific days to workout, filming youtube videos, bed time routine and so forth.
These are the things I didn’t accomplish in 2020:
- I did not write in my Grateful Journal every day (but I came very close).
- I did not finish a 5k run.
- I did not travel this year.
- I did not take a boat trip to København.
- I did not post on IG again.
- I did not buy less in 2020, unfortunately.
- I did not sew a doll for my daughter (but I bought her one).
I am however very proud to have fasted in Ramadan, having a great 25th birthday where we went to an amusement park and rented a tiny house on Airbnb. I searched for more jobs at the end of the year and also went on interviews. Most of all I’m proud to finally have my motorcycle license. A dream of mine for as long as I can remember.
Let’s look forward to a brighter future & hope for a great 2021.