I’ve just scrolled threw all of the videos I’ve taken this past year with my son. Trying to soak up every sent and smell from him as long as possible. Kissing him as soon as the opportunity arrives because I know that I have to go back to work, leaving him for X amount of hours every day. I don’t even want to think about it but I know that is the reality. I wish I could rewind and do it all over again. The light night feeds, the first smile and laugh, and even all the diaper changes. I wouldn’t mind it at all if it meant I could spend it with my first born child again.
- Time flies by way too fast. If you’re young, or old, appreciate every. single. moment. Your childhood will fly by so fast. You can’t even blink twice and it will be gone.
- Don’t wish for the day you turn 18 or 21 or whatever, because when that day comes, you’ll most likely wish for your childhood back.
- You’ll probably have one or two really good friends in your life and the rest will only be people you once went to school with and had a good time with. Find and hold on to those one or two good friends because to be honest you really don’t need any more.
- Have a healthy look at death, and life. But mostly death because this is something we don’t like to talk about but it’s so real and we need to prepare for it.
- Cherish your parents, especially your mum. I can never fully understand what hardships my mum has gone through but make it a duty to yourself to make it as easy for her as possible even though you might run out of patience at times.
- Things will most likely never go as you’ve planned
- Don’t worry about making new friends when you get to a new school. In some mysterious way, they will most likely find you.
- Not everyone will like you. And you won’t like everyone either. Some people you connection with and others you don’t, and that’s completely fine.
- So stop caring about what other people think about you.
- If you don’t try, you’ll never know. Better to have tried and failed then to not have tried at all and still wondering what might have been or could have been.
- Listen to your parents. Most often, especially when you’re growing up, they know what they are talking about. Now I wish I listened to my mum more often because a lot of things she said I shouldn’t do, I regret doing now.
- Childbirth is the most painful experience you can ever imagine but also the most rewarding.
- What seems like the end of the world for you right now, is not really the end of the world.
- Your brain can memorize a bunch of information so don’t waist that space with silly song lyrics or lines from your favorite tv show.
- Don’t waist your time watching re-runs of old shows. Watch them once and be done with it.
- Seek knowledge. When you’re knowledgeable you can have a discussion with people, you can stand your ground and speak up on what you believe in.
- Don’t be jealous. If something is suppose to happen for you it will and if not it was never ment to reach you.
- Love yourself, every single aspect of yourself. Your body and your mind.
- Always read the manual.
- Don’t try to color your hair from a dark colored hair to blond hair at home.
- Be in the present.
- Trust your whole life, every single aspect of your life, the good and the bad, with God.
If you want to check out the video I made where I go more in depth on my life lessons you can go to my YouTube channel and watch it there.