Today I just had the worst start to the day. I woke up at 6.30 am thinking I would lay in bed a couple of minutes more and figure out what I should wear for work. A minute later I must have fallen asleep because I abruptly woke up at 8.40 am, 20 minutes before my call time to work. Bare in mind it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to work. Jumping out of the bed in panic when I finally realized how much I overslept. Stressed out trying to contact my work I made my way to the bathroom and only managed to comb through my hair and put on some new clothes.
To say it mildly, it was a stressful day. I arrived 15 minutes late but my customer was taken good care of, but I stayed 15 minutes late until my break. I’ve been home a couple of hours now and gathered myself, spent time with my family and finally made dinner so I could eat a proper meal. The last couple of hours I’ve also been working on tomorrows video which will be up at 2 pm on my YouTube channel. Next on my shopping list is a new camera since my old Nikon doesn’t want to start. Right now I’m filming on my iPhone and trust me, I know the quality is bad.
I can only pray and hope for better days.
I’m starting today off with a warm cup of lemon with honey. I woke up with a little bit of a itching throat and I do not feel like getting sick now. I have to make myself breakfast soon because my stomach does get a little bit upset if I wait too long.
Yesterday was a rainy autumn day but that didn’t stop us from going out. I got to use a new rain cover for the stroller and I came to know that I need a new rain jacket, one that is a bit bigger and longer. Something I will look for today when I’m going shopping with my mum. We walked down to our local shopping center and sat down to eat pancakes and I had one of the best frappes. The little one also got some walking shoes which will make it easier for him to practice.
Yesterday evening we all went out for pizza which was nice. It’s been a while since we’ve been out, and it was actually the first time with our son.
Today will be one of those normal days again. I’m planning on working out, maybe doing a warm up outside and then in the evening I have some alone time with my mum. Nice little surprises like these during the week is what you need once in a while.
The last couple of days have been stressful. With a little crawler here at home you have to get extra alert. But now that I’ve finally bought some baby proofing it’s safer to crawl around. I never knew how fast you could get to places when you’re on your stomach. But it’s of course fun to explore everything new around you. My living room is definitely looking like a playground and my inner neat freak is freaking out a little, but I know everything will be nice and cleaned up again in the evening.
Yesterday was just super hectic. The day started off having to drive into the city early in the morning to try and fix a passport. Luckily I’m getting mine renewed but we have to find a different solution for the little one. At least I have today off so I might go shopping and hopefully I’ll be able to film another video for you.
Here are some snapshots for this week. Don’t forget to check by my YouTube channel where I try to upload as much as possible. I’ve also ordered some new equipment from Amazon so hopefully that will arrive soon. Fingers crossed.
Have a beautiful Friday & happy weekend!
..is when you can check off your to-do list one by one.
The day started off an hour earlier then planned and after only six hours of sleep with a list that was half a mile long. I did make a very specific list the night before, hour by hour, instead of just listing things up and not knowing when I would do them. This can be a great way to plan out your day in advanced, especially if you want a lot of stuff done.
My original plan was to go back to sleep from 10 am to 12, but after an intens leg workout my energy level was up in the sky and there was no way I would fall back to sleep.
I got a bit delayed midday but at the end I managed to pull through. With a one hour nap in between it was safe to say that my energy level was running low at the end of the night. The next couple of days I just have to continue on with my work and try to catch up on some sleep as well.
♥ 4-5 apples ♥ Half a lemon
♥ 3dl flour ♥ 125gr room temperatur margarine ♥ 3 tpsp water
♥ 1/2dl icing
sugar ♥ 3-4 tbsp sugar ♥ 2-3 tsp cinnamon ♥ Grated lemon peel ♥ 1 egg
1. Start by mixing flour, margarine and water together in a bowl. You can either use your hands or a food processor to mix the gather together into a firm dough. Set aside for a minimum of 30 minutes in your fridge.
2. Peel and chop your apples into thin slices, squeeze a little lemon juice over and set them aside.
3. Blend the rest of the dry ingredients together and grate some lemon zest over in the end.
4. Divide the dough in two and roll out a crust and a lid to fit a 25cm (9 inch) pie plate. Fill your pie form with the sliced up apples and the dry ingredients.
5. Place the lid crust over the plate and press gently together on the sides. Make some slices so that the air will come out. Lastly brush the lid with one whisked egg.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees (392 fahrenheit) on the lowest shelf in the oven.
I have noticed that a lot of you like my recipes. That’s why I have a new simple one for you right now. Just don’t make the same mistake I did and burn your garlic.
What you will need:
♥ 3 feeds of garlic
♥ 2 eggs + 1 dl milk
♥ 1 tomato
♥ Hand full of spinach
♥ 2 pieces of bread w/cream cheese
♥ Salt & pepper
1. Heat up your frying pan and add olive oil. Let it get warm and then add your sliced up garlic.
2. Mix the eggs with milk, add spices and the fried garlic.
3. Slice the tomato into rings and fry for a couple of minutes, on low heat. Add half the spinach and continue having it on a low heat for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the egg mixture into the pan and let everything fry on a low heat till the omelet is done.
5. Eat with a side of spinach and bread.
This is a great meal after a work out. You get your proteins and veggies all in one. Enjoy!
I made this dish yesterday and still have some leftovers which will be my lunch today. Even though the title does say salad, I believe this is more of a wok kind of meal, but either way it is delicious. Let’s just get to it!
25 – 30 min | 2 portions
♥ 150 g pasta, penne
♥ 2 tpls olive oil
♥ 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
♥ 1 boat garlic, chopped
♥ 1/2 squash, sliced divided into two
♥ 1/2 pepper, sliced strips
♥ 2-3 spring onions or 1/4 leeks, sliced
♥ 75 g mushrooms, in boats
♥ 5 tables sweet chili sauce
♥ 150 g cleaned shrimps
1. Cook the pasta as shown on the package, star away the water and keep the pasta warm.
2. Rinse, clean and cut up the vegetables.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or a high frying pan. Add onion and garlic and fry for about 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced up squash, pepper, spring onions/leeks and mushrooms and let it simmer with the onion for about 1 minute. Gently stir.
5. Add the finished bowled pasta and chili sauce and let it warm on low heat. At last add the shrimps and stir one last time.
This is one of my favorite recipes I’ve stumbled across the last days. We had this on Saturday and I thought it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t share it.
25 minutes | 4 portions
♥ 2 x 125 g smoked salmon
♥ 225 g cauliflower
♥ 1 boat garlic
♥ 1 dl milk
♥ 1 dl cream
♥ 2 dl dried tomatoes
♥ fresh basil and dill
♥ 2-3 ts olive oil
♥ salt, black pepper
♥ 350 g tagliatelle or spaghetti
♥ parmesan or cheese for serving
Boil cauliflower with a crushed garlic clove in milk and cream.
Mix it in a food processor and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Break the salmon fillets into large chunks, mix with sun-dried tomatoes and chopped herbs in a bowl.
Mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package and strain the water.
Mix the cauliflower sauce in the pasta, heat gently until it boils, add the fish and tomato mixture to finish.
Let it boil slowly for about 2-3 minutes until the fish is hot.
Serve the pasta with parmesan or grated cheese.
I hope it tastes as good as it did for me. I still have som left overs which will be brought with me to work tomorrow.