We didn’t choose this life, it was chosen for us. We don’t decided where we are born or who our parents are, it’s chosen for us. We don’t choose our time of death or how we die, it’s all chosen for us. But everything in between is our choice. What we believe in, what friends we want to have, what soundings we want to be in, where we want to live. We are given free will and therefor also the ability to choose as we please. But don’t think for a second we won’t be accountable for the choices we make. We forget the responsibility we get with this life but the truth is that we are held accountable for the choices we make.
We don’t know how long we have on this earth but still we act as if we’re given an eternity.
This is our last fight
We all know the ending
There is only one destination
We know what will happen
Neither the rich nor the poor get away
In the end we will all be in the same place
Whether you are a believer or not
But you can’t deny the fact
This life only lasts a short period
So don’t be fooled by the comfort of this world
Cause it’s only given to us for a brief time
Untill the term appointed by our Lord
First day in February, the shortest month of the year, started off with a cold and rainy snowfall. I’ve already been on a stroll outside but today’s trip lasted less than half an hour. But since it is the first day of February I thought I’d share ten random facts about me – so here we go.
- First thought when you looked in the mirror today? That I still have some glue left on my upper eyelids from yesterdays false lashes, which will probably take a day or two to get rid of.
- Who is the 4th person on your ‘missed calls list’ on your phone? A call from our local health clinic.
- What does it say in your last text message? Ca. 19:15 – Ok? A message from my dad wonder when he could come over yesterday.
- What are you wearing right now? A pair of grey big sweatpants, a white nursing topp which I paired with a warm cardigan and then my blue turban, which has been my favorite style to wear lately.
- What word do you use over and over? Probably the word ‘bismillah’ – meaning: ‘In the name of Allah (God)’. A word I use before I eat, drink, go to the toilet or go out.
- Your favorite age so far in life? I’m pretty happy about the age I am at right now. Where I am in life and my situation. I’m truly blessed with the amount of love I have around me.
- What’s your screensaver right now? Kinda boring, but I like to have everything neat and tidy, which includes my screensaver.
- What’s the last thing you said to someone today? I do have regular conversations with my baby, but they are with no respons. So I guess it has to be when I said goodbye to my other half before he went of to work.
- If you could change your name, what would you choose? This is a tough one because I do love my name, even though I never seemed to like it as much when I was younger. People always seemed to spell it wrong or pronounce it the wrong way, but now I’m quite content with it.
- Which one of your instagram pictures has gotten the most likes? With my 150 followers there is not a lot of bragging to do here, but there was a time where I had an open profil and I did get a few more likes then I do now.
Now that I’ve almost used an hour for this blog post I must continue my day and that includes getting myself something to eat before the little one wakes up.
.. to know during 1st time pregnancy
- Water will become your new best friend. Especially since coffee probably will be off the table the first 3 months. Since week 30 I’ve been drinking up to 3 liters every day. That means more trips to the toilet, but defiantly worth it.
- Bigger underwear. Yes, it is bittersweet to actually go up 1 to 2 sizes, but it’s so worth it cause you’ll be more comfortable and so will your belly.
- Have a bra without an underwire. Your boobs will hurt and grow and the worst thing is to have and underwire pinch and make it even more uncomfortable.
- Invest in a bra strap extender. A great alternative to not buy a completely new bra during pregnancy, especially for the first and second trimester.
- A heat bag is perfect for relieving some of that back pain you’ll probably get when your tummy is getting bigger and all the weight is shifted.
- Good shoes is a must, especially in my line of work. I need good support for my feet, and it will probably get more hurtful to walk since their is more weight on your legs and feet.
- Your teeth and gum will get more sensitive. Already after a couple of weeks I noticed my gum starting to bleed when I was brushing my teeth, something that usually never happens. I used a soft toothbrush and was not brushing too hard, but your gum will become more fragile.
- Pillows for sleeping. They are your new best friends, and you don’t have to spend loads on pregnancy pillows. Just use whatever you have on your couch.
- Sanitary pads. I wasn’t fully aware that I would still need this during pregnancy after the fourth month. But yes, fluids do still come out of you and if you don’t want to change your underwear 2 to 3 times a day, this is a great option.
- Everyone will have an opinion about your belly. I’ve heard so many unnecessary comments, either you’re too small or too big, or you’ll get comments like; «You look big, have you eaten too much» or «Are you wearing all black to hide your belly». It will annoy you but just remember that you are making a life inside of you, which in it self is incredible.
Enjoy the journey cause it will be over before you know it.
If you follow me on YouTube you know I’ve got a new video for you every Monday. Yesterday I uploaded a “50 facts about me” video where you get to know me a bit better. I might even tell you some secrets. So if you want to see the whole video head on over to my channel: My life as Elizabeth.
Here’s a sneak peak:
- I’m 100% german
- But I’m born and raised in Scandinavia
- I’ve moved 6 times
- I’ve had a total of 10 animals
- I’ve visited 17 countries
- My midle name is Elizabeth
- I’m the youngest in my family
- I’ve got two older brothers
- My favorite food is spagetti
- I cannot go a day without eating cereal