I got this idea about a year ago and made an inner promise to myself that I wanted to finish it before this year is over. Never did I think that I would spend the last bits of summer trying to be a painter.
I bought some watercolor, which I’ve never used before, 3 canvases and some brushes. The first time around I actually managed to buy the wrong type of brushes which were not meant for watercolor. And getting the design onto the canvas was a whole different problem but with some good help from my talented friend we managed it.
First we scathed out the wanted design onto a piece of paper drawing lines horizontal and vertical. These same lines were also drawn onto the canvas so that it would be easier to copy it.
The biggest painting took me quite a long while to finish but I also took a week break in between. Taking a step back and not getting to sucked into your project is the key to any masterpiece. And then you can come back with fresh eyes and a new look on things.
I’m so happy with the end result, especially of the world map. This can cost up to 100 dollars online but making it yourself definitely gives you a greater appreciation of the artwork.
The paint job on the two pieces down below went relatively easy since it was a smaller canvas and not too many colors to work with.
Comment down below and guess which countries these are:
..when you’re bored.
For the last two weeks I’ve been at home, organizing, cleaning, doing laundry – simply getting everything ready before our little one comes home. After checking off my to-do list one by one, I find myself very bored. I don’t work at the moment and I can feel that I miss that time I had away from home amongst my colleagues.
- Write a letter to a friend. We’ve gotten so consumed with our social media, only snapping or posting when something important is happening. But what about a hand written letter to an old friend? I must admit that I miss getting post. It might take a little longer to get an answer back than sending an email or snap chatting, but I think it’s worth the wait.
- Paint your keys. If you are really bored, why not take some nail polish and decorate your keys. You’ll probably never use the wrong key again and it’s a fun way to test your artistic skills.
- Take a bath or long shower. Whatever you have available, you should pamper yourself once in a while. It’s completely relaxing and with some lighted candles and a good exfoliator you’ll feel as good as new.
- Organize your phone or computer space. Maybe not the most fun, but completely rewarding and you’ll have more memory space when you’re done. A win-win situation.
- Look at old photos. Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the old times. Perfect now that this year is coming to an end. Maybe even make a photo album online which you can save or print out later.
Pictures from we heart it – follow me: mylifelizabeth