I definitely need to find some new outfit locations because my house is running out of space. Luckily I did manage to pull this off with my phone hanging on a tripod attached to the crib and with a timer in my hand I had my own little photoshoot.
Hijab: Modanisa // Blouse: Lindex // Culottes: Mondanisa // Shoes: Esprit
Have a lovely weekend!
..when you’re bored.
For the last two weeks I’ve been at home, organizing, cleaning, doing laundry – simply getting everything ready before our little one comes home. After checking off my to-do list one by one, I find myself very bored. I don’t work at the moment and I can feel that I miss that time I had away from home amongst my colleagues.
- Write a letter to a friend. We’ve gotten so consumed with our social media, only snapping or posting when something important is happening. But what about a hand written letter to an old friend? I must admit that I miss getting post. It might take a little longer to get an answer back than sending an email or snap chatting, but I think it’s worth the wait.
- Paint your keys. If you are really bored, why not take some nail polish and decorate your keys. You’ll probably never use the wrong key again and it’s a fun way to test your artistic skills.
- Take a bath or long shower. Whatever you have available, you should pamper yourself once in a while. It’s completely relaxing and with some lighted candles and a good exfoliator you’ll feel as good as new.
- Organize your phone or computer space. Maybe not the most fun, but completely rewarding and you’ll have more memory space when you’re done. A win-win situation.
- Look at old photos. Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the old times. Perfect now that this year is coming to an end. Maybe even make a photo album online which you can save or print out later.
Pictures from we heart it – follow me: mylifelizabeth
You might have noticed that I was absent from social media yesterday from 10 p.m. I know I’m too much on my social media and now that I have extended my media platform for ‘my life as Elizabeth’ it gets even more addictive. I’ve added twitter and instagram but I need to find a balance and stop myself before it takes over my life.
That’s why I’m participating in a two week challenge to put away my phone from 10 p.m till I wake up. This will help me sleep better since the light from the screen actually makes you more awake. And I will have a deadline on when things have to be done. I see this as a massive challenge since I also have a full time job where I am most hours of the day. But hopefully it will give me a sense of balance.
Are you up for the challenge? Till the 1st of April I will challenge myself and hopefully it will automatically stay in my system.
I took a well deserving break in London, and I decided not to write as you may have noticed. I need to enjoy the moment and re-charge, and working on not being ‘online’ all the time. I’ve noticed that all these social media’s, especially snap, instagram and Facebook, which you are suppose to have, are stressing me out. I read about this the other day and it said that it is the routine you’ve made through these apps that make you addicted. For instance, you have to check your phone when you wake up, and it’s part of your morning routine. I tune in to snapchat, instagram and Facebook because I think that I’ve missed something while I was asleep. I take my phone everywhere, it’s become my safety blanket. If I think I’m being noticed or watched out on the street, I take my phone out and act as if I’m scrolling down to read something important. I take it with me to bed, to the bathroom and I can’t remember a day I went without it.
It’s scary, being addicted. Even though we think it’s harmless, I think it’s destroying our image of people today. We strive to be perfect, and we think everything is picture perfect. Then when an obstacle comes we do not know what to do, thinking we are the only once experiencing it. This has made me consider to delete my social media and not being pushed or forced to check it all the time. Maybe this will give me an inner peace.
I’ve come to the conclusion that my post on the 10th of October was a bit premature. I most often get carried away and think bigger than big of what I’m capable of doing. But in the end I come around and try to pull up that red string and find out where I left you all.
Lately I’ve just been writing about my “planned” topics, like Music Monday, Workout Wednesday, and Fashion Friday. But I do what to get into my old routs writing about much more than those three things. Even if that’s what occupy me most of the free time I have left I have so much more I want to share. At least I think I do.
So let me start with my latest project; redecoration my room. I’ll give you a sneak pick now but look out for a room tour soon.