Today has physically and mentally been a long day. Even though it didn’t turn out the way I imagined, I’m so grateful for another year. You see, today is my birthday. 25 years ago my life started and I’m so grateful to have turned 25. Even though the number always scares me a little bit every year. But the thing is – I don’t feel 25. I guess it’s because I had this imagine of how 25 would feel and look like from a young age. And now that it has arrived, I don’t feel a day over 20, maybe 21. It’s like time stopped 5 years ago, even though it didn’t.
My plans today were having a huge breakfast, taking my son to daycare and then continuing the day with my daughter. I planned to meet my mum and we would have coffee and cake. I would take her home to my house and cut her hair, pick up my son and start dinner. I wanted my brother to come visit us and we would all have cake together, and maybe I would open some presents. All of this never happened because it couldn’t. And even though we plan, God plans as well and He is the Best of Planners.
Today didn’t happen has I imagined but I’m still so grateful for the family I’ve got, for my two healthy children who even at hard times bring a smile to my face, and for another year. God willing, I will have many more to come with my family by my side.
So everyone is in bed which is unusual because I’m never the one to be up alone in the evening. But I really do want to get my new years resolutions down on paper, or better yet – computer. And I thought I would share them with you as well.
- WRITE IN MY GRATEFUL JOURNAL EACH DAY
- FAST IN RAMADAN
- WORKOUT & FINISH 5K RUN
- FOLLOW THE 12 HOUR FAST
- TRAVEL – AMSTERDAM, ISLAND…?
- KØBENHAVN BOAT TRIP
- MAJOR 25TH BIRTHDAY PRESENT
- CONTINUE MAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- POST ON IG AGAIN…? (BIG QUESTIONMARK)
- BUY LESS IN 2020
- SEW A DOLL FOR MY DAUGHTER
- SEARCH FOR A FULL TIME JOB
- GET MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE IN 2020
New years eve is always this big fuss and you’d think it will be a huge moment when the clock strikes twelve but most often than not it’s just another minute passing us by. Suddenly we’ve past a decade and looking at the fireworks welcoming a new year. Beginnings are always nice because they mean a fresh and maybe even different start for so many. But at the end of the day it’s just a new day that welcomes us. We are lucky to witness it and we should count our luck and be grateful for another year.
Do you have any new years resolutions – if so what are they?
Patience. Such a sweet word which we all want more of. When we don’t receive the things we’ve wanted for the longest time or when things don’t go our way, we forget that God tests us with sabr.
Patience is bitter but sweet because when we receive our greatest wish we feel so satisfied. We know that all the time waiting was worth it, because God has given us an even greater gift than what we could imagine.
Patience is hard because we’re looking forward to something that we feel we need or are suppost to get but when we don’t, we always start asking why. Imagine if we’d get everything we wished for right at the moment we asked for it. We would stop being appreciative, even more so than we already are today.
We might even wish for something that isn’t good for us and never will be. We might want something that will never reach us even if it was right in front of us. We have to keep our trust and belief in God. He has it all planed out in the greatest way and He knows what’s good for you and what isn’t.
Keep on praying and never, ever lose hope in God.
- Time flies by way too fast. If you’re young, or old, appreciate every. single. moment. Your childhood will fly by so fast. You can’t even blink twice and it will be gone.
- Don’t wish for the day you turn 18 or 21 or whatever, because when that day comes, you’ll most likely wish for your childhood back.
- You’ll probably have one or two really good friends in your life and the rest will only be people you once went to school with and had a good time with. Find and hold on to those one or two good friends because to be honest you really don’t need any more.
- Have a healthy look at death, and life. But mostly death because this is something we don’t like to talk about but it’s so real and we need to prepare for it.
- Cherish your parents, especially your mum. I can never fully understand what hardships my mum has gone through but make it a duty to yourself to make it as easy for her as possible even though you might run out of patience at times.
- Things will most likely never go as you’ve planned
- Don’t worry about making new friends when you get to a new school. In some mysterious way, they will most likely find you.
- Not everyone will like you. And you won’t like everyone either. Some people you connection with and others you don’t, and that’s completely fine.
- So stop caring about what other people think about you.
- If you don’t try, you’ll never know. Better to have tried and failed then to not have tried at all and still wondering what might have been or could have been.
- Listen to your parents. Most often, especially when you’re growing up, they know what they are talking about. Now I wish I listened to my mum more often because a lot of things she said I shouldn’t do, I regret doing now.
- Childbirth is the most painful experience you can ever imagine but also the most rewarding.
- What seems like the end of the world for you right now, is not really the end of the world.
- Your brain can memorize a bunch of information so don’t waist that space with silly song lyrics or lines from your favorite tv show.
- Don’t waist your time watching re-runs of old shows. Watch them once and be done with it.
- Seek knowledge. When you’re knowledgeable you can have a discussion with people, you can stand your ground and speak up on what you believe in.
- Don’t be jealous. If something is suppose to happen for you it will and if not it was never ment to reach you.
- Love yourself, every single aspect of yourself. Your body and your mind.
- Always read the manual.
- Don’t try to color your hair from a dark colored hair to blond hair at home.
- Be in the present.
- Trust your whole life, every single aspect of your life, the good and the bad, with God.
If you want to check out the video I made where I go more in depth on my life lessons you can go to my YouTube channel and watch it there.
..is when you can check off your to-do list one by one.
The day started off an hour earlier then planned and after only six hours of sleep with a list that was half a mile long. I did make a very specific list the night before, hour by hour, instead of just listing things up and not knowing when I would do them. This can be a great way to plan out your day in advanced, especially if you want a lot of stuff done.
My original plan was to go back to sleep from 10 am to 12, but after an intens leg workout my energy level was up in the sky and there was no way I would fall back to sleep.
I got a bit delayed midday but at the end I managed to pull through. With a one hour nap in between it was safe to say that my energy level was running low at the end of the night. The next couple of days I just have to continue on with my work and try to catch up on some sleep as well.
Finally. I can sit down, relax and just breathe. Since I am a perfectionist and would like to have everything done right away, I couldn’t stop myself until I was done with everything for our new arrival. Now things are sterilized, washed, cleaned, built and sewn. We got out last piece of the puzzle today and now the waiting can really begin.
5 things I’ll miss
Oh, how I have loved feeling does tiny feet kick or a hand stretch.
Actually having an excuse to eat whatever you like has been wonderful. And suddenly getting an urge for ice cream and not having to go to the store and buy it yourself will truly be something I’ll miss.
Free back rubs and help whenever you need is a plus cause carrying another human is going to get hard.
Amazing thick hair that I haven’t had since I was a teenager. Really not looking forward to lossing it all again but it has been lovely while it lasted.
Suddenly you’ll get this wonderful glow and even though you might not see it, others will. Always good to know that you don’t need a highlighter to shine.
I must say I’m quite nervous. For the unknown, the family we are about to become. Here I am, sitting, waiting, day in and day out. Waiting for you. I never thought you would come so soon but as we plan so does a greater power, and He is the best of planners. So when things get a little bit too hard or nerve-racking I think about that it’s all in the hands of my Creator. This gives me a sense of peace and ease. This is how it’s meant to be and I can’t wait for our next chapter to begin.
We’re counting down the weeks to meet you
Planned from the very beginning
You’ve been here all along
Waiting, for us
So close to my heart
It’s just you and me, us two
I can’t wait to meet you
Raise you and teach you,
protect and love you.
The last couple of days have gone to planning, organizing, and stressing, just a little bit. I’m an expert at stressing. Everything should preferably be planned and perfected at all time. I’m traveling to London on Monday and as much as I do like traveling, I also get anxious. I want my holiday to go as smooth as possible without any detours. I want most things be pre-order so that I can enjoy my stay as much as possible.
I’ve made a last minute re-booking of my hotel. After choosing a rather cheap but ok looking hotel, I went on trip advisor and was repulsed by the review that I needed to find a different hotel. Fingers crossed.
Debating on weather I should go back to bed and close my eyes for a minute or two. Or stay awake and make myself some breakfast. Still got a days work ahead of me and so many things I should have done..
1. See the sunrise
How beautiful isn’t it to wake up before everyone else and enjoy the perfect painted picture God creates every morning. It’s a sight I never can get enough of.
2. Enjoy the early morning silence
Whilst sipping your morning coffee or tee listening to nothing else than complete silence around you. A gift we often take for granted.
3. Plan your day
When you wake up early you get the chance to plan out every single hour of the day ahead of you.
Maybe not the most motivating way to get out of bed but just imaging how satisfied you’ll feel after a good morning routine. Start of with some stretching and maybe some light cardio, before you know it you’ll be jumping out of bed to get ahead.
5. Sleep more
The last and maybe the best reason to get up early is that you’ll be tired in the evening which will force you to go to bed early.