Today started off quite late but I guess thats allowed on Sundays. I fell back to sleep after being up from 8 to 10 am. And we all stayed in bed till 1 pm. Just about right for the weekend I think. Other than relaxing today, I’ve cleaned my car and put on a load of laundry. I’m planning on doing some creative work but I just have to get started with it. That’s always the hardest part, actually start with any project. Once I’ve started I can go on for hours.
I did plan on doing a workout as well but I think that has to wait till tomorrow. My body is extremely sore so I’ll take today as a rest day. I’ve also posted a new video on YouTube, so if you’re interested and have seven minutes to spare, you can check it out right here.
Nowadays my day usually starts around six in the morning following a one hour nap when the little one has had breakfast. After that I try to get some food myself and spend most of my days on the couch watching reruns of shows. Around twelve and two I try to get my body moving and go out for a stroll. Then between diaper changes and food I try to make dinner and then go to bed around eight in the evening, knowing that I have to wake up again in three hours.
But I wouldn’t trade this life with anything. I ‘m really enjoying myself and hopefully this isn’t to early to say but I think I’m meant to be a mother. Somehow I find cooking and cleaning, something I was grown up to do from a very young age, so relaxing. And I have the best company throughout the day.
One problem that I have is that I don’t know how to relax. Somehow I have it in my brain that I always have to do something. I can’t just take a breather. And if I do take a minute or two to relax.. and just be, before I know it I’ll be thinking about the next thing I feel I have to do. But that’s the thing, I don’t really have anything I have to do. I guess it’s just all in my head and that’s something I have to work on. Well, now that the little one is sleeping I have to try and sprint to the shower and freshen up a little. Who knows when the next feeding session will arrive or the next diaper change will occur. Little things like brushing your teeth suddenly get forgotten and you get used to seeing yourself in sweatpants with no make-up on. Wish me luck.
..when you’re bored.
For the last two weeks I’ve been at home, organizing, cleaning, doing laundry – simply getting everything ready before our little one comes home. After checking off my to-do list one by one, I find myself very bored. I don’t work at the moment and I can feel that I miss that time I had away from home amongst my colleagues.
- Write a letter to a friend. We’ve gotten so consumed with our social media, only snapping or posting when something important is happening. But what about a hand written letter to an old friend? I must admit that I miss getting post. It might take a little longer to get an answer back than sending an email or snap chatting, but I think it’s worth the wait.
- Paint your keys. If you are really bored, why not take some nail polish and decorate your keys. You’ll probably never use the wrong key again and it’s a fun way to test your artistic skills.
- Take a bath or long shower. Whatever you have available, you should pamper yourself once in a while. It’s completely relaxing and with some lighted candles and a good exfoliator you’ll feel as good as new.
- Organize your phone or computer space. Maybe not the most fun, but completely rewarding and you’ll have more memory space when you’re done. A win-win situation.
- Look at old photos. Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the old times. Perfect now that this year is coming to an end. Maybe even make a photo album online which you can save or print out later.
Pictures from we heart it – follow me: mylifelizabeth
The best part of any day is the morning. Especially when it’s the weekend and you have all the time in the world. I took some extra time making today’s breakfast, and couldn’t help myself but to take some feel-good pictures. There is nothing better then the smell of fresh pressed coffee, having some long lost me-time.
Both my cat and I are located perfectly on the couch. Even though it looks like she can relax better then myself. My goal today is that I will try to take this day one minute at a time, because there is no hurry to rush. It is Sunday, and I think the last the of the week should be held close with comfort before we arise into a new week.
On Monday I went to the doctors and got a check up, and since I work as a hairdresser my arms, shoulders and back have been hurting frequently over the last year. I’ve gone to treatments while I was still working but it didn’t seem to help. That’s why I’m spending 2 weeks at home right now hoping it will get better.
It’s really nice and relaxing to have a break from it all. Even though I miss the people I work with it’s not fun to work with a chronicle condition that makes you dread going to work every day cause you can’t preform your best.
I’ve totally just spend the whole day on my couch. The last several hours I’ve been watching Modern family, Awkward and America’s next top model. A lot of episodes I had to catch up on but it’s just perfect for lazy Sundays. Right now I’m just enjoying some ginger bread and a cappuccino.