I desperately need more hours in the day. It’s frustrating to know that the day is coming to an end and I’ve hardly done anything productive. Most of my days start off very early but today I got to sleep til 8 am which I can’t remember when I’ve done last. Jumping out of bed, checking to my baby because I though he was already up. He wasn’t which made it possible to go to the toilet in peace and make breakfast. Between breakfast and my son’s first nap I managed to workout. He didn’t wake up before after my shower which was amazing, but after that the day just went into a blur.
We drove to his grandparents in the early afternoon and came home 2 hours later. That would give me more than enough time to do what I need to do. But between diaper changes, making dinner and giving my son a bath there’s not much time left for me.
I’ve been sitting at my sewing machine for the last hour but I just can’t get it to work properly. I’ve seen X amount of YouTube videos on ‘how to’. Everything from threading to sewing, but they all make it seem so simple and here I am still struggling. If I haven’t told you I got a SERGER for my birthday this year but it was bough on eBay so it wasn’t exactly brand new. I thought I could just sit down and start sewing but one problem after another started appearing. I’ve change both knives, needles and all 4 threads – and I still can’t figure it out. Why does everything have to be so bloody difficult with me?
That was my Sunday rant. I just had to get it out so that I wouldn’t go crazy. Sometimes I wish things would just be simple, but I guess that’s just too much to ask for.
Anyway, I hope for a better day tomorrow. Until then, goodnight.
..is when you can check off your to-do list one by one.
The day started off an hour earlier then planned and after only six hours of sleep with a list that was half a mile long. I did make a very specific list the night before, hour by hour, instead of just listing things up and not knowing when I would do them. This can be a great way to plan out your day in advanced, especially if you want a lot of stuff done.
My original plan was to go back to sleep from 10 am to 12, but after an intens leg workout my energy level was up in the sky and there was no way I would fall back to sleep.
I got a bit delayed midday but at the end I managed to pull through. With a one hour nap in between it was safe to say that my energy level was running low at the end of the night. The next couple of days I just have to continue on with my work and try to catch up on some sleep as well.
Between diaper changing and feeding there isn’t a lot of free time to what I used to be able to do in a day. I’m lucky if I’m able to get one set of laundry going and get the dishes from last night out of the way. A shower is also highly appreciated cause that’s a little ‘me time’ squeezed in to the day.
I can’t wait to get a normal routine going again but right now it’s a bit difficult cause I never know when the little one wants food. Which can vary from every hour to every three hours. Anyway, as for now I’ll count myself lucky if I get one blog post a week out, but I’m going to try my best to write more then that.
..when you’re bored.
For the last two weeks I’ve been at home, organizing, cleaning, doing laundry – simply getting everything ready before our little one comes home. After checking off my to-do list one by one, I find myself very bored. I don’t work at the moment and I can feel that I miss that time I had away from home amongst my colleagues.
- Write a letter to a friend. We’ve gotten so consumed with our social media, only snapping or posting when something important is happening. But what about a hand written letter to an old friend? I must admit that I miss getting post. It might take a little longer to get an answer back than sending an email or snap chatting, but I think it’s worth the wait.
- Paint your keys. If you are really bored, why not take some nail polish and decorate your keys. You’ll probably never use the wrong key again and it’s a fun way to test your artistic skills.
- Take a bath or long shower. Whatever you have available, you should pamper yourself once in a while. It’s completely relaxing and with some lighted candles and a good exfoliator you’ll feel as good as new.
- Organize your phone or computer space. Maybe not the most fun, but completely rewarding and you’ll have more memory space when you’re done. A win-win situation.
- Look at old photos. Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the old times. Perfect now that this year is coming to an end. Maybe even make a photo album online which you can save or print out later.
Pictures from we heart it – follow me: mylifelizabeth