Hijab: Modanisa // Top: H&M // Shoes: H&M // Sunglasses: H&M // Pants: Made by me
I took these pictures a few days ago when I was going for a walk. And when I came across an empty space with no one around I had to take out my camera and put it on self timer before I started posing around by my self. Things you’ll do for a good outfit post. But I love doing it so I don’t mind at all. Besides, I’m so much more comfortable alone then when someone else takes my photos.
Today was spend with family before we came home a couple of hours ago. Now it’s time for some relaxing time and then I’ll be going to bed.
A little while back I made a deal with myself that I would use up all the fabric that I’ve already purchased before I buy any new. So I looked in my fabric box and found a lot of denim. This idea came out of the blue but perfectly timed because my old jeans jacket is a bit too tiny and too tight, for a hijabi that is.
To make this jacket you’ll need:
- Front/back and sleeve pattern
- Fabric (I chose a light and a dark denim color)
- White thread and/or a strong thread
- Twin needle & denim needle
- Measuring tape
- and a seem ripper, if anything goes wrong.
- I made my pattern out of tracing the front of a dress which you can use for both the front and back piece. And a long sleeved shirt for the sleeves.
- Line up, pin down and cut out your choice of fabric. Pin the front and back shoulder seems by laying the fabric right sides together and sew. Lay down your jacket, wrong sides up and pin your sleeves in place and sew. When you’ve finished you can sew the sleeves seems together and down your waist from your sleeve on both sides.
- If you want you can add pockets which I just traced out by hand and placed at both sides. This is fairly simple to do and didn’t t use a pattern just some chalk and drew my desired design on to the fabric. Cut it out and do an overlock seem. If you don’t have an overlock machine you can use your sewing machine. You have to do this so that the fabric won’t distress. Now you only have to sew the pockets on to the front of your jacket.
- Now I started seem rip the ends of the sleeve and at the opening of the jacket cause I thought I wanted a distressed cool look. After doing so, and waisting endless amount of time, I found out that it didn’t look good at all and I wouldn’t use this jacket. So the only do to do was to cut away those ends and make a nice overlock seem on the ends. I continuing on with a twin needle to do a hemmed seem at the bottom and around the opening of the jacket and at the sleeves. I used a white thread because I wanted the seem to be seen but that’s up to you.
I’m usually very comfortable in front of the camera and never shy away, but this time it just turned out awkward. I guess I need some more practice again.
We did manage to get out this Sunday. And I just had to take the opportunity to shoot some outfits shots. With that being said, I totally shied away today. I guess I’m not as comfortable as I used to be, or I need a different photographer. Either way, I know I can do better. Lets hope that this was a one time thing!
Pants: H&M | Jacket: Freequant | Top: Lindex | Sunglasses: H&M
Other than that we had a chill day inside. I’m crossing my fingers hoping to get more outfit pictures here soon!
I know I still have a couple of days left till I’m off to Florida, but those who know me know that I can’t wait to pack my suitcase and get going. I often start 2 weeks beforehand. Thinking about what I would like to take with me, planning outfits, buying the last clothing or beauty articles. This time though, I must say I’ve made myself proud. My suitcase is already packed with half of it empty. I always pack too much and since I know that it’s going to be cheep in America, I’m sure that my suitcase will fill itself up along the holiday.
Since I’m only in Miami for 1 week I’ve packed light. I’ve Limited myself to 1 shorts, 2 skirts, 4 tops, and 2 long pants and sweaters for the rest of the days in Berlin when I get back.
Now I’m off to shoot a packing video, but first a sneak pick of what I’m taking. Stay tuned on YouTube for my video, MylifElizabeth
Sun, beaches, blue water ocean, the outstanding nightlife, the movie stars or the rich and famous always surrounding you – nothing sounds better than that, does it? Well, I can at least say that I’m getting a happy holiday this year, in Florida!! I can not believe it, and it still hasn’t sunken in. Maybe because we just ordered our tickets, but I like more spontaneous trips, even though I wish I had a little more time working on my tan.
Going to see all the beautiful sites in Florida like Miami and Key West, the nature which probably will be breathtaking – I simple can’t wait!
It’s safe to say that I have a shopping problem, and more ironically, I don’t have any more hangers for my clothes. So why do I keep buying new clothes? It’s like a never-ending evil circle. Why can’t I just save my money for practical things like saving for a house, a car, an education or that really cute jacket I found today. Anyway, I have a problem. I even promised myself that I would only shop on sale. Ha, who was I kidding?! I need a cleans. Next month. I promise.
Buys from today:
Black dress – 30 £ from Bik bok
Black belt – 15 £ from H&M
Black belt with gold studs – 20 £ from H&M
Ring – 5 £ from H&M
Braclet – 3 £ from H&M (on sale)
Necklace – 13 £ from Bik Bok
I’ve come to the conclusion that my post on the 10th of October was a bit premature. I most often get carried away and think bigger than big of what I’m capable of doing. But in the end I come around and try to pull up that red string and find out where I left you all.
Lately I’ve just been writing about my “planned” topics, like Music Monday, Workout Wednesday, and Fashion Friday. But I do what to get into my old routs writing about much more than those three things. Even if that’s what occupy me most of the free time I have left I have so much more I want to share. At least I think I do.
So let me start with my latest project; redecoration my room. I’ll give you a sneak pick now but look out for a room tour soon.
As many of you may, or may not know, I am an owner of a YouTube channel. Now I’ve had this a good while now, and I must say it’s not getting the attention and affection it so badly wants from the world.
Now I love making video’s and talking about things that interests me because I have fun doing it. My channel is all about fashion, beauty and a bit of music. I would love for you to check it out if you haven’t already. And if you’re also a YouTuber let’s be friends or just subscribe to each other, help one another out a bit to get more ratings, views and comments, just like her on WordPress.
My YouTube account: Mylifelizabeth
Thank you so much!
Have you wver heard the phrase: “I’ve got nothing to wear!”..?And you’ve got a closet full of fine and capable clothes to wear, probably for the rest of your life. Luckily I don’t have that dilemma today.
I pulled out three outfits from my wardrobe, everyone with a bit of a different edge to them. Personally I like the one to te left the most, but I want you guys to help me decide! It all comes down to how the clothes look when I put them on but I would love to hear what you have to say.
Comment below and let me know what you think.
The day started of with me sleeping in, or at least trying. And then the day went on to Schoungau with Lisa and her family to do some shopping. I found a pair of striped trousers which I’ve searched for and some studded flats. All really cheap so I see it as a bargain cause it would have cost me double the price back home.
Later that afternoon we went to meet Granny to have some ice cream and spending some quality family time. In the evening we all went home and the day ended with a photo shoot at the beach where I finally could wear my new dress from New look.