Today I just had the worst start to the day. I woke up at 6.30 am thinking I would lay in bed a couple of minutes more and figure out what I should wear for work. A minute later I must have fallen asleep because I abruptly woke up at 8.40 am, 20 minutes before my call time to work. Bare in mind it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to work. Jumping out of the bed in panic when I finally realized how much I overslept. Stressed out trying to contact my work I made my way to the bathroom and only managed to comb through my hair and put on some new clothes.
To say it mildly, it was a stressful day. I arrived 15 minutes late but my customer was taken good care of, but I stayed 15 minutes late until my break. I’ve been home a couple of hours now and gathered myself, spent time with my family and finally made dinner so I could eat a proper meal. The last couple of hours I’ve also been working on tomorrows video which will be up at 2 pm on my YouTube channel. Next on my shopping list is a new camera since my old Nikon doesn’t want to start. Right now I’m filming on my iPhone and trust me, I know the quality is bad.
I can only pray and hope for better days.
Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating, but I’ve not had the best 48 hours. Everything went downhill since Wednesday night and now I’m sitting here on the living room floor with the worst headache since this afternoon.
I don’t want to keep on dragging this complain wagon any longer, and I will try to look at life from a more positive way.
Even though we don’t celebrate Christmas, I do want to give something back to my family, especially my mum. And since this is a time of year where people usually meet, I ended up buying some gifts for my family.
It was most natural for me to buy something hair related since I work at a salon. So both my brothers will receive a shampoo. My oldest brother will also get a 3D puzzle I thought was so cool, maybe even something I should have bought for myself. And my brother in between will get a sports t-shirt. I still have my parents but I’ve got them covered with something.
I’m off to bed hoping to sleep away this awful headache. I have to be up, ready and back at the salon by 9 am, so good night.
What was suppose to be a stressless evening turned out to be far from that. My own fault really, cause I always get so invested in projects I do and have zero patience with myself. I always wish that I can learn everything at once and it just works right away, but it usually never does.
Today I spent my hours from 8 pm till now in front of the computer. Actually two computers. Photoshop on one and YouTube on the other. I was determined to finish a new profile picture, channel art and a watermark.
I’m only 100% happy with the new channel art, the other two I still have to tweak and fix. Other than that I have a headache and I’m in desperate need of sleep. But I guarantee you, I’ll be laying in bed another hour before I fall asleep. At least that’s what happened last night.
I’ve been back at work the last two days after having (almost) a one year break. It’s safe to say I was quite nervous on Monday. Luckily I eased myself into it, only working a couple of hours a day and my first ‘customer’ was a college. Yesterday though, I had 2 paying customers. It felt like it went in slow motion, especially the first cut, but I managed to be done in time.
Today I have a day off and even though I feel like I do something ever single day, whether it’s laundry, cleaning or just look after my son, I can’t help to feel lazy. I don’t know why and I wish I didn’t beat myself up over it. It’s like everyone around me is so productive and I’m not even halfway to my goals.
We did manage to create a new office space so hopefully the creativity will just be flowing in this room. I really want to start sewing again reguallary and actually finish pieces I love and would want to wear. I have some huge ideas, I just don’t know how to get them down to paper and where to start. Fixing my serger to the right stitch lengths has also been a battle. I still have to figure out what the right settings are and how in the world I’m going to use it probably.
Wish me luck!
I desperately need more hours in the day. It’s frustrating to know that the day is coming to an end and I’ve hardly done anything productive. Most of my days start off very early but today I got to sleep til 8 am which I can’t remember when I’ve done last. Jumping out of bed, checking to my baby because I though he was already up. He wasn’t which made it possible to go to the toilet in peace and make breakfast. Between breakfast and my son’s first nap I managed to workout. He didn’t wake up before after my shower which was amazing, but after that the day just went into a blur.
We drove to his grandparents in the early afternoon and came home 2 hours later. That would give me more than enough time to do what I need to do. But between diaper changes, making dinner and giving my son a bath there’s not much time left for me.
I’ve been sitting at my sewing machine for the last hour but I just can’t get it to work properly. I’ve seen X amount of YouTube videos on ‘how to’. Everything from threading to sewing, but they all make it seem so simple and here I am still struggling. If I haven’t told you I got a SERGER for my birthday this year but it was bough on eBay so it wasn’t exactly brand new. I thought I could just sit down and start sewing but one problem after another started appearing. I’ve change both knives, needles and all 4 threads – and I still can’t figure it out. Why does everything have to be so bloody difficult with me?
That was my Sunday rant. I just had to get it out so that I wouldn’t go crazy. Sometimes I wish things would just be simple, but I guess that’s just too much to ask for.
Anyway, I hope for a better day tomorrow. Until then, goodnight.
I’ve just scrolled threw all of the videos I’ve taken this past year with my son. Trying to soak up every sent and smell from him as long as possible. Kissing him as soon as the opportunity arrives because I know that I have to go back to work, leaving him for X amount of hours every day. I don’t even want to think about it but I know that is the reality. I wish I could rewind and do it all over again. The light night feeds, the first smile and laugh, and even all the diaper changes. I wouldn’t mind it at all if it meant I could spend it with my first born child again.
Everyone says the time will go fast but it truly ran away from me when he turned 6 months. Until then I had some sort of grip on the time I had with him, but when he started being more mobil and communicating more, even the fact that he started eating solids made a huge difference. I didn’t have that closeness to him as I did before and now he’s walking everywhere, being so active and milk from me is no longer interesting.
I don’t know what the future holds or how our days will develop, and to be honest I’m sacred of the unknown. But to be truthful I was scared before I got my son too and it turned out pretty awesome.
I can’t believe it’s already October and we only have a few months left of 2017. Where has the time gone? A question I ask myself every single day.
I’ve been pondering the last couple of days what to write but I couldnt find anything worth sharing. I’ve been working on my resume the last days and other then that I’ve just enjoyed being at home. I have to soak it all in before I go back to work, something I’m dreading but also looking forward to.
But this is my favorite time of year. Perfect weather and beautiful colors surrounding us.
My birthday was this weekend and I turned 22. I never really gave much thought to the year when I turn 22. I guess it never crossed my mind fully.
My numbers start to feel empty. Years fly by like the wind, hardly even touching me. Leaving a cold shiver and then 365 days have gone by again.
When I look back it’s all just a blur. How is it that my childhood years went by so slow? And now it’s like life is running a marathon. Can’t it all just stop for a second? Let me live so that I can breath in all my memories.
- Time flies by way too fast. If you’re young, or old, appreciate every. single. moment. Your childhood will fly by so fast. You can’t even blink twice and it will be gone.
- Don’t wish for the day you turn 18 or 21 or whatever, because when that day comes, you’ll most likely wish for your childhood back.
- You’ll probably have one or two really good friends in your life and the rest will only be people you once went to school with and had a good time with. Find and hold on to those one or two good friends because to be honest you really don’t need any more.
- Have a healthy look at death, and life. But mostly death because this is something we don’t like to talk about but it’s so real and we need to prepare for it.
- Cherish your parents, especially your mum. I can never fully understand what hardships my mum has gone through but make it a duty to yourself to make it as easy for her as possible even though you might run out of patience at times.
- Things will most likely never go as you’ve planned
- Don’t worry about making new friends when you get to a new school. In some mysterious way, they will most likely find you.
- Not everyone will like you. And you won’t like everyone either. Some people you connection with and others you don’t, and that’s completely fine.
- So stop caring about what other people think about you.
- If you don’t try, you’ll never know. Better to have tried and failed then to not have tried at all and still wondering what might have been or could have been.
- Listen to your parents. Most often, especially when you’re growing up, they know what they are talking about. Now I wish I listened to my mum more often because a lot of things she said I shouldn’t do, I regret doing now.
- Childbirth is the most painful experience you can ever imagine but also the most rewarding.
- What seems like the end of the world for you right now, is not really the end of the world.
- Your brain can memorize a bunch of information so don’t waist that space with silly song lyrics or lines from your favorite tv show.
- Don’t waist your time watching re-runs of old shows. Watch them once and be done with it.
- Seek knowledge. When you’re knowledgeable you can have a discussion with people, you can stand your ground and speak up on what you believe in.
- Don’t be jealous. If something is suppose to happen for you it will and if not it was never ment to reach you.
- Love yourself, every single aspect of yourself. Your body and your mind.
- Always read the manual.
- Don’t try to color your hair from a dark colored hair to blond hair at home.
- Be in the present.
- Trust your whole life, every single aspect of your life, the good and the bad, with God.
If you want to check out the video I made where I go more in depth on my life lessons you can go to my YouTube channel and watch it there.
I’m already on my second cup of coffee which I usually never drink but today it’s absolutely nesaccary. With only 8 hours of interrupted sleep and a nap where I couldn’t even snooze off for two minutes, it’s safe to say I’m very tired. My body is so stiff and I feel this heavy weight on my shoulders. Probably a mix of stress, too little sleep and in much need of a long massage.
Having a 7 month baby is so much more work then what it was four months ago. I love every minute spent with my son, but I feel like I’m running on my last battery here. When and how I will be able to recharge will only be shown in the future. For now I wanted to share my outfit pictures I took the other day.
Abaya: Norwegen Designer // Pants: Bik Bok // Top: Vero Moda // Hijab: Modanisa // Shoes: Store in Miami