Finally finished my workout and I’m hopping into the shower in a minute. But I just have to say that the beginning of this workout I thought I was going to die. A total cardio blast killed me but I managed to catch my breath and finished even though I had to pause and take it slower. I just had a wake up call that my body wasn’t coping as well as before, but it’s better to go slow and finish then to give up.
So I didn’t manage to rise to this not so very sunny Saturday any earlier then the time I went to bed yesterday. I woke up to the rain dripping on my window and after numerous minutes on my phone checking every single social network I thought it was time for some breakfast.
Now my plan is actually to work out since it’s been over a week since the last one and only thinking about it makes me want to get up and do something. And the rest of the day is planned on spending with friends and family.
So, Yeah, I finally finished my workout for today. I can’t believe I always wait till the evening even though I can have all day. Anyway, it’s done and now the only thing waiting for me is a shower, and dinner.
I kinda felt like a disappointment yesterday when I couldn’t finish the POP HIIT 1 from blogilates very own Cassy Ho. But I didn’t feel defeated, instead I picked myself up today and did my own little routine. I thought it would be better to start off With reps and sets I could finish then to put too much work on myself.
So today’s workout contained a full cardio blast focusing on legs and butt.
Remember to warm up!
– Burpees 10×3
– Box jumps 10×3
– Squat throw 10×3
– Split squat jumps 10×3 (each leg)
– Single leg bridge 10×3 (each leg)
– Sideway leg lift 10×3 (each leg)
– Wall sit 1 minute!
You do 10 repetitions – 3 times. And if you ain’t sweating at the 2nd set you’re doing something wrong cause this workout is going to get Your heart rate up and going.
Good luck, you can do this!!
– and just do it!
All pictures are from weheartit.
Struggling with old and bad habits?
After every season I believe you can do whatever you set your mind to. If you set yourself goals and motivation you can almost do about anything. But we’ve all been in that place where you’re just so sick of trying and trying and not seeing any results – haven’t you? I want to give you some easy tips you can use to get healthy and slender with the right tools and A LOT of motivation.
SIMPLE TIPS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED WITH A NEW AND FRESH DAY, EVERYDAY!
– Increase the amount of vegetables and reduce the amount of carbs for dinner. For me it helped to cut out all pasta, rice and unhealthy bread – this obviously doesn’t work for everyone.
– Always have a water bottle available, both at work and at home.
– Set aside 1 evening in the week where you can enjoy yourself, and feel free to reward yourself with a little dark chocolate but with at least 70 percent cocoa.
– Reduce stress and negative influences. A fit and healthy body starts with a healthy mind!
There are no quick fixes. Living healthy and working out is a lifestyle, NOT a diet.
Do you want more tips and motivation to get your healthy lifestyle started. Comment and let me know!
I hardly ever now what to write on the first sentences, but I guess that’s how it is when your body has collapsed into the chair you’re in after a 16 hour-long day with a drivers lesson and a full work day afterwards. My head is so heavy I could walk over to my bed and fall asleep right away. But that just has to wait cause I want to give you guys today’s “Workout Wednesday”. This is a workout plan for a whole week, and I threw in a veggie recipe just for fun. Hopefully some of you out there read my last post about the vegetarian week I had and wanted to give it a go as well!
Monday: Long intervals. Walk or jog/run hard for 10 – 15 minutes and walk calm for 3 minutes – 3 repetitions.
Tuesday: Rest day
Wednesday: Weight training for the whole body.
Thursday: Rest day
Friday: Run short intervals and work to straighten the core and back. Run fast for 45 seconds, and then walk slowly for 15 seconds, do this 6 times before you rest 2 minutes – repeat this 5 times.
Saturday / Sunday: Jog for 60 – 90 minutes, walk if it gets to hard.
Veggie wrap with sweet potato and salad
– 2 Sweet potatoes
– Oil for frying
– 1 Red onion in boats
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 tbsp honey
– 2 tsp olive oil
– Chopped red chilli
– 1/2 bunch scallions
– 1/2 bunch coriander
– 4 coarse tortillas
– Lime quarters
– Thick yoghurt natural / Turkish yoghurt
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices. Fry them in oil in a hot pan for 6-8 minutes. Add the onion to the pan in the last 2-3 min. If possible, use two pans. Season the vegetables with salt.
2. In the meanwhile, stir the lime juice, honey and olive oil together and season with chili. Cut the spring onions fine and pick coriander and lettuce. Flip the lettuce, coriander and spring onions in the dressing and season with salt.
3. Warm the tortillas and fill them with the hot vegetables and salad. Serve with lime quarters and yoghurt.
just wanted to leave you with this inspiration I often use when I need some motivation for my workouts.